Take a moment and think about the human eye; all of the different uses for our eyes, the range of different colors eyes come in, and how your eyes actually work. There is so much that is unknown about the eye and how it works, but there are also a lot of fun facts that you might not know about the eye! Here are 15 crazy facts that you might not know about your eyes:
2. An iris has 216 more unique characteristics than a finger print, making retina scanning an increasingly popular security feature
3. Following the brain, eyes are the second most complex organ in your body
4. Corneas are the only tissue in the whole body that do not contain blood
5. Your eyes don’t continue to grow after you are born
6. Your eye color can change throughout your life
7. The average eyes blink upwards of 20,000 times per day
8. The eyelid is the fastest muscle in the human body
9. Newborn’s eyes don’t produce tears
10. If you are nearsighted, your eyeball is longer than normal, if you are farsighted, your eyeball is shorter than normal
11. Depending on the reason for your tears, they will be made up of varying compositions of liquid.
12. Your retinas perceive everything you see upside down - it’s your brain that flips the image for you
13. You can always see your nose, your brain just chooses to ignore it
14. When you see an image you are only seeing half of the surroundings, it’s your brain that fills in the rest from memory
15. Doctors still have not found a way to transplant a complete eyeball
Eyes are an important part of the human body and they are constantly working to help you learn, work, and accomplish daily tasks. It is important to take care of your eyes so that they can work at optimal levels throughout your life. If you would like to know more about the human eye or would like to schedule an appointment, visit our website at infiniteeyecare.com.