Did you know 80% of all learning is done through vision?
(Dr. Tom checks a child's eyes at a volunteer vision screening)
Regular eye exams are recommended for everyone at least once a year. Our vision naturally changes with age, which makes regular eye exams crucial. 95% of vision problems in kids can be fixed if detected early. Here are some signs your child may be experiencing vision impairment:
- Loses place while reading
- Avoids tasks that require good vision
- Frequent squinting or eye- rubbing while reading or watching television
- Repeated shutting or covering of one eye
- Holds a book closer than normal
- Uses finger to maintain place while reading
(Jeff Udy recording near vision standings)
Click here for more signs and information on visual impairment. If you notice any of these signs in your child’s behavior schedule an eye exam with us today!
Scheduling an appointment with us can be easily done through our website. You can also schedule an appointment via telephone at: 320- 257- 4990.